Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Post: The Wonder Years

january 19th, 2011 3:30am
on the jams: creedence clearwater revival

This day and age, everything is digitally done or not done at all.  The once great outdoors, great sounds, and great times have been replaced with phone lines and power trips.  This evening, I'm feeling rather nostalgic so I'd like to give praise to a better time.


The "InYour Face" D.I.Y era that rolled in some of the most defining music of our generation.  It was a time when every punk you ran into was a walking street team with a fist full of fliers.  Weekend warriors and part time people that paved the way for our slipping interpretation of all that is rock and roll.  This work hard, play harder work ethic has been replaced with text messages and facebook orgies that depersonalize everything I worked for.  Don't get me wrong, we use these tools to their fullest extent, I can even happily say I've made some money off your beloved facebook...but it wasn't always there, and it wasn't always that easy.

I'm going to hit you with some truth...Times are a changin'.  Our little world turned 21 on January first, and we are gonna rock this 21st century  birthday til the end of the world!  That could be highly realistic if you believe in all that jazz..we've taken it upon ourselves to restore this scene with a deadly, epic, ambitious force.  Welcome back, party animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment